Throughout the year the University's Alumni Office hosts an extensive programme of events which alumni and their guests are very welcome to attend. From informal social networking events to special anniversary celebrations and lectures showcasing Cardiff academic and alumni talent, the events programme offers something for everyone.
Events calendar → Events registration → Old events →
Run your own reunion
Have you ever wondered what your class mates are doing or where they are now?
Reunions are a great way of finding out and bringing everyone from those 'good old days at University' back together. Having a reunion can bring together people who have lost touch with one another, reignite old friendships or can simply be an excuse to hold a celebration for those who have managed to stay in touch over the years! Whether you are interested in meeting up with just a few old friends from your student days, or wish to organise a full-scale reunion or event we can help you to organise your own reunion or event. In a nutshell, we can provide:
- Advice on venues, catering and accommodation available on campus and in Cardiff
- Advertising on our website
How to Arrange a Successful Reunion
- Keep things simple
- Form a small committee and share out tasks
- Always include a list of invitees - it encourages people to attend
- Include lists of 'lost' alumni - some alumni contacted may have up-to-date addresses
- Arrange a date which will be convenient for as many alumni as possible
- Consider the possibility of 'piggy-backing' onto an existing event; contact the Alumni Relations Office for the latest details of events
- Keep the cost realistic; you don't want to put people off coming by charging too much
- The Alumni Relations Office can help you with address lists of people to invite to a particular event or reunion